This page may contain links that earns us a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
What Does Beer Do For Your Hair
Have you ever wanted to make your hair look and feel healthier?
Beer has been used as a natural remedy for hair care for centuries, and it can provide surprisingly good results.
Beer is great for nourishing hair, adding body and shine, and even treating dandruff.
In this blog post, we’ll explain how beer can be beneficial for your hair and share some tips on how to apply it properly in order to get the best results.
How Beer Nourishes Hair
Beer is the beloved adult beverage we turn to when it’s too hot to function and we need something to cool us down. But did you know that beer is also beneficial for your hair? Here are a few of the ways beer can nourish it:
- It adds body and texture. Beer is rich in proteins and vitamins that thicken and strengthen your hair follicles. This can help plump up your locks and give them some extra bounce.
- It helps make your hair shiny. Beer contains vitamin B which helps keep your hair healthy and shiny by locking in moisture. Goodbye frizz, hello glossy strands!
- It boosts volume. The sugars in beer react with the proteins in your hair to create a thicker, fuller look that adds volume and body. So go ahead and pour yourself a cold one – it’s good for your hair!
- It detangles tough knots. Beer works as an effective natural detangler for tough knots in even the most stubborn of locks – no more breakage! Just pour some cool lager onto dry or dampened strands and let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
So what are you waiting for? Crack open a cold one today and give those luscious locks the nourishment they deserve!
How to Choose Beer for Your Hair Type
The type of beer you choose will depend on the type of hair you have:
- If you have dry or damaged hair, opt for a dark ale or stout as these possess more moisturizing ingredients than lighter beers.
- If you have oily hair, light lager or pilsner beers are best since they contain fewer oils than darker beers.
- If you have normal hair, then any type of beer should work well.
Preparing a Beer Rinse for Your Hair
- 1-2 cups of beer (depending on the length of your hair)
- 1 cup of warm water
- A spray bottle
- Combine the beer and water in a bowl or jar until they are completely mixed together.
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
- Place the bottle in the refrigerator until it’s cool (about 15 minutes).
Note: Do not over-chill the mixture as it will be difficult to work with when cold!
Applying the Rinse to Your Hair
Before applying the rinse to your hair make sure that it’s clean, dry, and free of any styling product residue or buildup.
When ready, spray the mixture onto your dampened strands from roots to ends covering all areas evenly before massaging into the scalp using circular motions with your fingertips.
Once done leave it on for at least 10 minutes before rinsing it with cold water thoroughly before washing it with a gentle shampoo followed by conditioner and styling as usual!
Results of Using a Beer Rinse on Your Hair
Regular use of a beer rinse is said to give numerous benefits for all types of hairs such as improving texture/volume; adding shine/body; controlling frizz; reducing scalp flakiness/dandruff; promoting healthy growth; protecting against sun damage & pollutants.
For best results aim at least twice per week although more frequent washes may be needed if dealing with severe problems such as dandruff/scalp psoriasis etc.
Be sure also try out different brands until finding one that works best with an individual’s unique texture/conditioning needs!
Beer is an excellent natural ingredient that can provide numerous benefits when used correctly with respect to one’s individual haircare needs.
From providing nourishment and shine to helping treat dandruff and scalp issues – there are plenty of reasons why this simple remedy should become part of anyone’s weekly routine!
So why wait? Get rinsing today & enjoy those beautiful locks tomorrow!
Do you want to learn how to make your own beer at home? Home brewing has been around for centuries and is an age-old tradition that many people enjoy. Whether …
Ah, summertime drinking, is the most enjoyable of all seasons! What better way to enjoy a pleasant evening in the sun than with a cold glass of Radler beer. But …
For beer lovers, the most important thing to know is how many ounces of beer can fit in a can. Whether you’re buying beer for yourself or pouring for a …