This page may contain links that earns us a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Where To Buy Green Beer
Going green isn’t just for the eco-friendly, it’s also for the beer-loving!
If you’re on the hunt for a festive way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, green beer might be just what you’re looking for.
St. Patrick’s Day is one of the most beloved holidays of the year and one that many people choose to celebrate with a bright, festive brew: green beer.
Whether sipped from steins or enjoyed from cans or bottles, it’s sure to add some extra sparkle and flavor to your festivities.
So where can you find this ever-elusive holiday elixir? Let’s look at where you can buy green beer and what makes it so special.
From where to buy it to how to make it yourself, here’s what you need to know.
Where to Buy Green Beer
The first thing you’ll want to know when searching for green beer is where to buy it. Luckily, there are several options that make this an easy task:
- Local bars – many local bars will have their own brews in stock during St. Patrick’s Day season. Ask around or look up your local watering hole before heading out on your search!
- Online shops – sites like Amazon and Drizly are great places to start if you’re looking for a more convenient way of shopping for green beer. Many varieties and brands are available online, so do some research before settling on one type!
- Microbreweries – depending on where you live, there might be some microbreweries near you that specialize in smaller batches of craft beer – this could be a great option if you’re looking for something special and unique!
What is Green Beer?
Green beer isn’t just any old brew decorated in shamrock colors – it actually has a long history behind it! The first green beers were crafted by the Irish themselves centuries ago in order to commemorate Saint Patrick’s Day each year.
Today, those same recipes are still used (with modifications) all over the world. Of course, there is no single recipe or style when it comes to creating green beer; as long as the result is a richly colored liquid that resembles traditional Irish stout, then brewers consider their job done!
How Is It Made?
Green beers typically start off with an amber ale as the base before being slowly filtered through dried herbs such as sage and oregano; these ingredients add earthy tones and aromas while also infusing color into the beer itself, hence why they’re essential components in any quality Irish stout recipe.
The filtering process can take anywhere from two weeks up to five months depending on how strong of a flavor profile brewers want – some prefer milder beers while others like them bolder and richer in taste (it all comes down to personal preference).
After filtration, brewers add food coloring until they reach the desired shade of emerald green – though modern-day craft beers rely solely on natural ingredients like spirulina extract instead of artificial dyes!
The Health Benefits of Green Beer
Green beers may not seem like health-oriented beverages when compared with other options out there such as kombucha or even certain IPAs.
However, they do have some positive attributes that make them worth considering if health is at all a priority when selecting your beverage choice!
For starters, many craft beers contain significantly fewer calories than other types due to their low alcohol content (most come in at around 3% ABV).
Additionally, they provide antioxidants that help reduce inflammation within our bodies – not too shabby for something most people think about solely as an occasional treat or party refreshment!
Tips for Getting the Most from Your Green Beer Purchase
When selecting your green beer purchase keep these tips in mind:
- Do research beforehand – don’t just pick up any random six-pack without knowing what type of brews are inside; read reviews online or ask experienced connoisseurs about their opinions first!
- Consider serviceability – if drinking from cans or bottles isn’t appealing then pour yourself a pint or two served up properly from local bars instead (this also eliminates waste!).
- Try different styles – don’t limit yourself to traditional stouts; explore different styles like lagers which offer lighter tones perfect for drinking during warmer days (think crisp spring weather!).
Popular Brands Ready To Buy Now
If none of these tips strike your fancy then here are some popular brands ready to purchase now:
- Guinness Foreign Extra Stout (Irish)
- Smithwick’s Red Ale (Irish)
- Guinness Draught
- Smithwick’s Pale Ale
- Murphy’s Irish Red
- Harp Lager
- Carlow O’Hara’s Irish Stout
- Kilkenny Cream Ale
- Beamish Cream Stout
- Kilkenny Cider
At its core, buying green beers should be more than just an attempt at being festive – doing research beforehand ensures that drinkers get something perfect for their needs whether those needs require lightness (lagers) depth (stouts) or complexity (ciders)!
No matter what style ends up going home with them consumers should always remember: enjoy responsibly.
Whether you’re looking for a light and refreshing beverage or a beer with fewer calories, light beer is a perfect choice. In this post, we’ll provide an overview of what …
Ahh, ESB. A classic beer style loved by beer enthusiasts and casual drinkers alike. If you’re looking for a balanced brew with an inviting aroma, great flavor, and a nice …
Are you looking for a great beer to enjoy while you’re in the United Kingdom? Look no further as we bring to you the best-selling beers in this great nation. …