This page may contain links that earns us a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
How to Rip the Top Off a Beer Can
Do you want to add a fun and unique twist to your next beer-drinking session? Why not try ripping the top off a beer can?
This trick has become increasingly popular in bars, breweries, and even in some households.
Ripping open a beer can with one hand not only looks cool but it is also an incredibly satisfying feeling.
Ripping the top off a beer can has become wildly popular in recent years as many people are turning towards more creative methods when it comes to opening up their favorite beers.
In this guide, we’ll explain the technique of how to rip the top off a beer can and provide tips and variations. So get ready to show off your mad skills and impress your friends!
Why Rip The Top Off A Beer Can?
There are several advantages that come with ripping open a beer can instead of simply popping or twisting the top off:
- You don’t have to worry about losing or breaking any bottle openers
- Being able to do it with one hand is impressive for onlookers
- Removing the entire top of the can results in less foam when opened from carbon dioxide being released from the pressure of the can
Equipment & Safety
It’s important that you use all of the necessary safety equipment when performing this trick. Make sure you are wearing safety glasses, gloves, and protective clothing before attempting this trick.
Additionally, you will need something thin yet strong enough to pry with, such as an old credit card or thin metal object.
Step-By-Step Guide On How To Rip The Top Off A Beer Can
- Start by laying your beer can on its side on a flat surface such as a table or countertop. Ensure that there is enough space above and below your hand so that you do not get hit by any flying debris while doing this trick.
- Grasp onto either side of the lip at the top of the beer can and firmly pull apart until there is enough room for your thin metal object/credit card/etc .
- Insert your thin metal object/credit card/etc into the gap between both lips of your beer can firmly – and then pull downwards using an even amount of force on both sides until you hear or feel it rip open completely! You will feel extremely satisfied once you hear that sound!
- Throw away all pieces of debris caused by opening up your can – but always make sure they go into trash cans and not onto floors or other surfaces where they could cause harm!
- Finally, grab some napkins, pour yourself a cold one (or two!) – then cheer with friends!
Tips & Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks for getting better at opening up a beer can this way:
- Practice makes perfect – so don’t give up after one attempt! With enough practice, anyone can master this technique quickly!
- Keep an eye out for any sharp edges which could cause injury after opening up your beer should be removed before drinking from it! This includes removing small pieces of aluminum which were created during the opening process – these should always be swiftly removed before consuming anything from said container otherwise liquid may be contaminated causing potential health risks based on exposure type.
Variations Of The Technique
There are several different variations that exist for ripping off tops from cans:
- Using scissors instead – simply place two scissors perpendicular to each other around the rim of the container lid(as shown) then pull apart firmly until the desired effect is achieved (do NOT push through the container lid).
- Using keys – wrap each end around opposite sides lip area approximately 0.5 inches apart then firmly guided pull downwards until sound indicates successful task completion – just make sure not too much force is used otherwise damage may occur within the container lid area making further attempts difficult (if not impossible).
We hope this guide has given you all the necessary insight into how one might go about performing “The Edgy Trick” – otherwise known as “Ripping Off Tops From Cans” successfully without any frustrating hiccups along the way!
Good luck with mastering the art form & happy drinking everyone!!
Playing darts and drinking beer go together like ammo and guns, or cats and naps. And when you put them together, you have the ultimate game that will have you …
Are you curious about Blonde beer? If so, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, we’ll discuss everything there is to know about this unique and delicious …
Going green isn’t just for the eco-friendly, it’s also for the beer-loving! If you’re on the hunt for a festive way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, green beer might be …